Old 07-18-21, 02:22 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3657 Post(s)
Liked 5,394 Times in 2,739 Posts
Originally Posted by KPREN
Papa Tom, why don't you just admit that you are now damaged goods and get on with it. Once you do, you will feel pretty stupid for not doing it sooner and clinging to your old thoughts about bicycles being primarily exercise machines.
It does not take long for the e bike to change the way you view bicycling. You go from "I need my exercise today" to a credit card tour of the Erie Canal. bike path. Along the Erie Canal ,the towns are about 5 miles apart. About the length of time for a horse pulling a canal boat to need a rest and nourishment.. You go from sweating to enjoying the air and sounds. You eat sweet potato fries with honey outdoors while sitting canal side. You carry little more than a tooth brush , a change of cloths, a charger and sleep in canal side bed and breakfasts.. Water bottle is optional. as you don't sweat and there is plenty of water stops along the way. You stop and take in the history sites along the way.. In the end, you never sat on the couch, watched the depressing news or mowed the lawn. At the end of the day you are happy, closer together and not whipped. You live longer because you are happier.
Bicycling is NOT about exercise. Exercise is just a bonus, e bike or not.
Your perspectives change drastically. with an e bike. I will never look back. How drastically did my perspectives change.
A coast to coast e bike ride is in my future. I went from weight weenie high pressure tires to this comfortable heavy long distance rig. My longest day so far has been 144.5 miles.

Not exactly what you would expect for traveling long distance at greater than 100 miles per day.
This is a refreshingly honest view of ebikes. A fun motorized contrivance that allows you to go places and do things you couldn't using only your own abilities. No whining such as "I still have to pedal...." or "I can work just as hard...." Embrace the motor!