Old 07-23-21, 01:11 PM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1751 Post(s)
Liked 1,422 Times in 973 Posts
Before spending $4 for bottles of water, try looking on the web in the localities you'll be passing through or staying at, and see if those communities issue water quality reports. That'll let you know what the level of 'stuff' is in the water. Water in public water supplies is treated mainly to remove disease-causing critters, and most of the taste left in it comes from harmless minerals dissolved in it (a very small percent of folks can have physiological conditions that require mineral-free water, but that's rare). I drink the the tap water here where I live, its considered 'hard' due to high calcium and magnesium levels and has something of a taste to it. I'd buy bottled water if I was out somewhere with no other sources around, but I stick with tap water. If water where you'll be going does taste bad (but is healthy otherwise) just put a little drink mix powder in it like was suggested above.

FWIW: If you think bottled water is better, try to find out what is in it. I'll be you there's no information available, and you'll just be relying on the slick advertising you've seen in the past that almost says its healthier (without actually saying it is).