Old 11-28-22, 07:11 PM
maddog34

Bikes: !982 Trek 930R Custom, Diamondback ascent with SERIOUS updates, Fuji Team Pro CF and a '09 Comencal Meta 5.5

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Liked 739 Times in 534 Posts
Originally Posted by BCRider
My thought is that is too much play. The issue is that the locking pinch will only be at the top and the post will be free to wobble around by that 0.5mm towards the lower end of the bushing. And that is going to permit the seat tube to walk it's way in. It might take an hour or perhaps two. But if the pinch isn't tightened extremely firmly you are likely to get that "sinking feeling" sooner rather than later.

Ever frame I've ever had or played with the seat post is a light push fit or a slip fit but with no detectable rocking play. What you have at present would see me cutting up a pop/beer can to make a sleeve shim to fit between the post and the insert to remove any detectable rocking of the post.
Or.. head to a hardware store for a proper Shim material, cut and bend as needed, as i suggested a few dozen posts ago... sadly, people became too enthralled with protecting an overpriced seat post, and a titanium frame.... which was bought "new" then sat around for a long time for an undisclosed reason.

General message... have fun... go ream out Seat tube sleeves that are already oversized, as was suggested earlier.... i've got a Fox Float shock to clean thief paint off of... same color as my old Rally Car, actually, a lovely shade of blue.. i really miss that car.......later.

Last edited by maddog34; 11-28-22 at 07:22 PM.