View Single Post
Old 04-16-20, 06:57 AM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Gconan
Fantastic jacket! Got to actually use it yesterday. At the end of my ride it was threatening to rain. I stopped to eat a pizza before making it to the house. Started raining and the wind picked up as well. The hood covered my helmet easily. Also the jacket covered up my hip pack completely keeping it dry. No wind got through the jacket. Fantastic jacket!
Originally Posted by ridingfool
thanks do the pants breath on a warmer day or are they just for cooler weather also are they thin or bulky pants . Just bought a pair from REI their house brand they seam to be ok but can never have to many rain pants when u commute to work every day by bike
You now own the jacket so you know what it is like. You don't need someone to tell you about it. Take the sleeve, not the body, and rub th two layers together, that is exactly what the pant is like. The pant has the exact windproof and moisture/vapor permeability numbers as the jacket. I am certain it has the same waterproof numbers but I have not verified that with HH. There is a very accurate description of the pant on the HH website. Like the jacket, it is primarily a harsh weather winter pant. With this jacket and pant and proper layering, there is no recreational winter weather condition that you can not go into. Just like the jacket, it would be too hot for high activity summer use. But for just walking around, you could use it in the summer, even more so then the jacket. Very good pant, very durable. They make a great combination.

Last edited by mjac; 04-16-20 at 07:17 AM.