Old 10-31-15, 11:28 AM
Jansky83

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Caad'10 red

Hi, guys!
As you may remember in summer I bought a CAAD'10 60cm frame in red color (race edition), around 1,5 month later (oh long wait, screw post and customs) I received parts and started assembly. I decided to go with Ultegra groupset (53/39 - 12/25 drivetrain for medium hilly setup) and durable custom built wheels on Mavic Open Pro rims (laced with Ultegra hubs and 2,0-1,8-2,0 DT Swiss spokes). My height is 182cm, weight 108kg and roads are not silky smooth.
Well, what can I say, the ride is awesome - it is so fast, I can't believe it. The most admirable about it is the thing when you speed up and spin out, you upshift and continue spinning, then upshift, etc. only to realise you are somewhere between 2rd or 3th sproket and the view is passing by in blur. Wind and your own fatique are the only enemies - the bike will take you literally anywhere. It is just terrifying and breathtaking at the same time, I am swept away. At low speeds in high gear it springs forward like a bat out of hell - I absolutely love it. At first it felt pretty twitchy, but then I got used to it and it feels only alive now - very smooth and springy yet tight and solid. It is hard to describe, but I guess you already know what I'm talking about, right?))) In a few words - it's a very fast and versatile piece of engineering thought which has many faces - both friendly and agressive. Most important about this quality is that this bike will allow one to grow as a rider, whichever way he chooses.
Unfortunately, I did not get much mileage due to small spine trauma (I pulled lower back in end of summer) and bad weather (rains in September and October). Still managed to take a bike to a fitter who spent around half a day with me, setting up the bike and shoes for me. Fitting is a must if you plan to put it to the pedal. So now it feels very comfortable even though I have some body/health features which make fitting tricky. The funny part is my steel commuter (orange Fuji) which was smooth to me before now feels as comfortable as an iron. And don't get me wrong, it is a fine bike which serves its purpose. Maybe I am in love? Or is it CAADdiction so well known here?))
Anyhow, just today I took my CAAD for a spin after nearly two months brake and also made a few pictures like I promised. I did not want to make your usual newbie kind of pics a la "here is my sofa and my cat, oh, here is the bike" or instant classics "here is my garage door/house wall and a bike" hence the wait))) So I did something I hope you'll like! First two picturs were made today and a last one was made before fit.
Yeah, if you have any questions about build or whatever - please do not hesitate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1271.jpg (98.4 KB, 190 views)
1259.jpg (100.1 KB, 165 views)
2015-08-16-1090(0).jpg (104.2 KB, 210 views)

Last edited by Jansky83; 10-31-15 at 11:48 AM. Reason: I made comments on pictures to clarify