High Fist Shin
Back In The Saddle

Bikes: N+1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by spencewine
My old/new commuter. I've had this bike for three years, but never ride it mostly because I don't want to scratch it up and it has gravel tires on it. This week I decided to put my beater commuter aside for a while and get this puppy some action. I decided not to put a rear rack on it because I've got a nice roadrunner commuter backpack (for carrying my laptop which I carry regardless because I don't trust panniers) and also all my other bikes have rear racks. I've been holding a Nitto front rack and a Velo Orange handlebar bag for a couple of years with the intent to use them on my rando rides (not really into randonneuring) so figured I'd put it on this bike so I could carry my work shoes and lunch in without a rear pannier. I've updated it a bit. It's been converted from down-tube shifters to bar ends (using riv pods), Brooks saddle, and has a deore xt rear derailleur (came with it when I purchased it). It's one hell of a smooth ride:

I love your Miyata. It looks like the ultimate urban gravel grinder! The front bag and rack are perfect. I'm very fond of VO products. It a great color of red too! If I may ask, what size tires are they? 32?

Thanks!

-Shin