Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,620 Times in 2,123 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
I was going to say that I really like the Driftless region but that I'd never ridden there... Then I looked it up and it technically begins about 5 miles away from me. Who knew?

Anyway, I consider it to be Driftless Lite once you get to Hastings, MN/Prescott, WI. One of the rides that I'd like to do this year would be to ride to Prescott, down the WI side and cross back over to MN at Red Wing. Starting from home, that'd prolly be a good 120 miles.

If I were to drive out for a ride, I'd be able to get further down the river, and it'd be a beautiful loop, but the crossings are few and far between, so I'd need to take a close look at it before committing.
My wife and I stayed in a B&B near Veroqua, WI for a week one time. Finding a doable tandem route of any distance was tough. Finding phone service was hard, too.

Nice riding that is hilly but not difficult and similar to where Datlas rides, maybe slightly gentler, is further east in the Kettle Moraine area, like LaGrange, WI. Think cheese and dairy.

Last edited by Trsnrtr; 05-01-20 at 10:00 AM.