3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26427 Post(s)
Liked 10,382 Times in 7,210 Posts
Originally Posted by corpblues
If it is not against forum rules can someone give me an idea of the value of this bike?

I am going to clean it up a bit. I collect vintage audio gear and in my search stumbled upon this bike. I learned many expensive lessons from getting overly aggressive with cleaning vintage audio gear, don’t want to make same mistake with this bike. Not sure if a good soap and water cleaning would remove the decals which I want to avoid at all cost.

If it is a highly collectible bike, I may invest in a full restoration by a skilled bike tech. Looking for guidance from knowledge forum members.
...it's old enough to be interesting, especially to people who like to ride old British 3 speeds. It's not old enough to be especially valuable, and any money you give someone to "restore it" will not be recovered at resale time. Just clean it up, make sure it has grease in the bearings and that the rubber parts that might be dried out are replaces with new stuff, and ride it at you local Tweed Ride.

Or maybe just use it for basic, stylish, around town errands and shopping. They made a lot of these, under various brand names and iterations. They are mostly pretty solid transportation bikes, and are underappreciated in the current era.

The decals can be a little fragile. Just use Dawn dish soap and water, with a rag. See where that gets you at first.