Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by The Golden Boy
Hi Steve,

Are those 105 shifters as well?

What kind of bag is on the rack?

By the way- fun little fact- in 1980 Schwinn no longer had the Paramount program, there were no Superiors- the Voyageur was Schwinn's Flagship model that year.

That bike is THE top of the line Schwinn for that year. Kinda makes you enjoy it just a little bit more, eh?
Top bike!! Oh Yeah!!

Yes the bike has 105 7 speed indexed for my wife. She always complained about friction shifting on her old bike. The bike started out as a $35 scratched up, dirty, most of the decals ripped or missing flip bike. After I cleaned it up and got it ready to sell, my wife just really liked the black and chrome look. She wanted me to fix it up really nice for her. So 105`s, new wheels like the ones she likes on the new bikes at the bike shop, Weinmann Momentum with Votoria Rubino Slicks 700 x 25 C, 7 Speed Origin8 Cassette her Selle Italia seat and Suntour Cyclone Pedals. Everything else is original. She weighs in at 25.2 pounds as she sits, empty bag and water bottle. I was able to buy the Voyageur 11.8 decal on ebay but I had to make the rest myself. The bag is a Voyageur, Scott Tinley. The bike will be used for light touring, day trips.

Last edited by Steve Whitlatch; 02-12-14 at 08:44 PM.