Old 12-08-05, 09:50 PM
patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
I'll never figure out guys who put every little part of a bike on a spreadsheet- and then wonder why the stupid finished bike weighs MORE than their computer said it would. I'll tell you why:

• Unless you personally weighed every last part, don't bank on manufacturer's weight claims. They tend to err on the lighter side 90% of the time and all those grams add up.

• Does that factor in cable housings, grease weight, etc? And are you CERTAIN you put in every last item that's going on the bike? Handlebar tape? Bar end plugs? See what I mean?

Just weigh the bike. And forget about it.

On the Cannondale Six13's looks: I think the bike would be gorgeous if it wasn't for those overblown, obnoxious and mind bendingly ugly 4" high CANNONDALE and SIX13 decals all over it. Man, that's ugly. But I do like the look of the frame. That's the #1 cosmetic issue with Cdale bikes. They seriously need to get a new decal scheme. You know, something remotely TASTEFUL? Never happen.

Besides, I really love the bike for how it performs. That other stuff is foo foo fodder to me. I love Cannondales for being the anti-Colnago. If that's all they do, it's enough for me : ).