Thread: Addiction LXVI
View Single Post
Old 07-17-17, 01:50 PM
seedsbelize 
smelling the roses

Bikes: 79 Trek 930, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe (coupled), 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7081 Post(s)
Liked 901 Times in 612 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack
Not sure what you mean by "share it back to the phone".

With photobucket, I could take a pic on my phone and upload it with the app and then copy the BBB code and paste it here and my pic would show up.

If for some reason the app did not work, I could go to the web version of photobucket from my phone and upload the image using the web version. So far, I can not get Flickr to go to the web version on my phone (since I installed the app), it just opens the app even if I type 'flickr' into a search engine.

If I happened to have the photo on my desktop, with photobucket I could just open the web version, upload and copy the BBB link for the photo and paste it here. It would show up as a pic.

With Flickr, everything works fine if I'm on a desktop. If I'm on my phone, the pics just come up as a link instead of a photo. I'm assuming the app doesn't generate the BBB code, just an URL.

Again, all this is a dealbreaker for me, since I'm typically starting out on my phone. If I have to email myself the pic, then go to a desktop, download the pic to the desktop, then upload to Flickr, then copy the BBB code- well, I'm just not gonna use Flickr if that's what it takes.

Does anybody use the Flickr app to post pics here?
I tried with flkr and gave up, though I was informed that it's easy peasy. With photobucket, I hit the share button and share to phone. When I go to gallery to get it, there is a pb version, which I can upload, and a camera version which I cannot. My guess is that size is the difference.