Old 11-26-18, 12:15 PM
echappist
fuggitivo solitario

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack

And it is in no way disingenuous to bring up the track racing- if you think it is, you completely missed my point. Even when it doesn’t matter administratively or financially, men and women are often treated differently in how racing categories are organized. The point is: there’s ZERO reason to set it up to discourage women from racing in TTs and a lot of track events- it literally takes no extra money or work. But stil, women will be placed in much broader categories than men will be- why? Because, I guess. And then it becomes a non-race. It would actually be understandable if you needed extra expense of police presence etc.
you actually missed my point. My point being, the finances of running a velodrome event is in no way comparable to the finances of running a road-race event (the topic of this thread). As velodrome financing is the only place where you mentioned the topics of financial bottom line, I thought it disingenuous for you to reference to something wholly non-comparable in making your point. Specifically, ERO charges $700 for a single-person two-hour reservation at the velodrome; given that ERO needs to make a profit off of this as well, one can conclude that the actual track charges will be less than $350/hr. $350/hr doesn't get one very far on the road when the police is involved.