View Single Post
Old 04-06-21, 05:21 PM
jma1st3r
Scrubby duff

Bikes: Kona JTS, Norco Sasquatch 07(had), Giant Fastroad SLR 17(had)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
I'm not saying shape is irrelevant to comfort, I'm saying levelness is irrelevant to comfort. We each need to find a way to maximize comfort for any saddle we buy (or receive as a birthday present), or be prepared to let it rot on the shelf or dispose of it. I'm saying to find comfort, you need to set the saddle up for comfort, not for "levelness." So the whole discussion about "how to find levelness" is irrelevant, because the goal is comfort, not levelness. At least for me, setting a saddle to "level" does not automatically deliver comfort. Finding comfort or maximizing it can be a lengthy iterative adventure, or you could strike it rich on the first padal stroke. Maybe when it's "right" it will be level, or maybe it won't.
Well, how do you know the changes you made? By eye? For sure? Angle finder?

I mean if there is a saddle angle finder i would use that. I only use level to tell me where it was at, should there be a need to zero the position and start over. Its the zero position to me.
​​​​
And i did end up tilting the nose up a tad, made a whole world of difference on comfort.