Old 06-05-21, 03:57 PM
ofajen
Cheerfully low end

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 1,044 Times in 667 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamRider85
Yea, this one is an annoying problem. A couple of weeks ago while on a ride, I started to notice my bike felt bumpy. When I'm riding well-paved roads, I still feel like I'm riding bumpy roads. I'm stumped. It feels like it is the front tires. I took my bike into the shop twice and the manager doesn't seem to think anything is off. But I know that something doesn't feel right. I can feel the bike vibrating harder. I thought the tires might have been worn but he said they look fine. What else could it be? Shock absorption? I'm not pumping up the tires any more than usual. But it doesn't feel right. The bike actually feels lighter, but it feels like there's something making the front tires bump hard. He even rode it for a minute and said it felt pretty fine to him. He said if I want I could schedule a time for him to look at it for a longer period of time. But do you have any suggestions? Bikes cannot just feel weird all of a sudden if there's nothing wrong with it, right?
Maybe the tire is not seated properly on the rim at all points? Trying holding the front wheel off the ground and spinning the tire. Look along the outside tire surface along the direction of travel and see if you see a place where some sort of lump or change in shape comes past. If so, check to see if the tire is seated in the proper way at that point.

I’d have assumed a bike shop tech would check for this right off, so don’t get your hopes up. Also, this would usually be something that was this way from the time the tire was last installed. Still, I hope this helps.

Otto