Old 08-28-21, 03:58 PM
ShannonM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked 430 Times in 286 Posts
Originally Posted by verktyg
They seem to be the same levers marketed by Rivendell. My only question is how durable are the black plastic spacers under the lock screws going to be? (gray on the Rivendell levers). Also, the ratchet mechanism is not as robust as on the old Suntour Power Shifters.
I think the current grey inserts are the ones that Dia-Compe came up with when the original ones started cracking. Nothing else was changed, and the inserts are available as small parts, so maybe just buy a set to keep and ride the black ones until they break. If memory serves, the OG ones were good for a few years before they got brittle.

They're an accurate reproduction of the 1985-86 Suntour Sprint shift levers. Pawl-and-ratchet action like the Suntour bar-con levers of blessed memory, but with many more teeth of much smaller size and a lever profile for downtube mounting. The only time I ever rode them was on a black-and-chrome Schwinn Circuit. (It was a club spare that I used in a junior crit when my bike broke.) The shift levers were one of my favorite things about one of my all-time favorite bikes.

And, yeah, the link in Germany_chris's post above is correct. I forgot to link the page.

--Shannon