Old 03-24-22, 07:54 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,699 Times in 2,519 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
I think the red warning flag on the 1030 stays on quite a long time...??? Better than the 810 but not sure how long it stays up
I might have to switch. At least on the 800, the warning stayed up until you were back on course. Granted, that could sometimes be annoying if you were off course on purpose. I wonder if there is a way to write a plugin that will make the flag persist longer. At one point they decided to lower the volume level, and it's hard-coded. Which just seems pointless on such a powerful device. The other thing they do wrong is the turn warning has less precedence than the hill climb graphic, so it's easy to miss a turn if it's on a big descent followed by a hill because the turn display doesn't last long. And inevitably it pops up when going 40mph and I'm getting passed by a car so I don't want to look. I like the hill climb display, but if it's between that and not getting lost, I'll go with not getting lost.

I think you were on the NJ 600k that went to the beach in 2019. There was a section after one of the early controls that had a big tailwind. There was also some kind of large organized ride on that section. I hadn't gotten my garmin 800 started up right and missed a turn, and I was enjoying the large shoulder and tailwind. Which later turned into a huge headwind when I realized my mistake. I did something like 8 bonus miles, so 4 of them with a huge headwind. Fortunately the other side of the road also had a nice shoulder.

Last edited by unterhausen; 03-24-22 at 08:01 AM.