Old 07-23-22, 08:01 AM
Crankycrank

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 839 Post(s)
Liked 1,064 Times in 747 Posts
Originally Posted by NewSlang22
I just bought a vintage-styled Bianchi (the Bianchi L'Eroica) and I wanted to take it to my local shop to have pedals put on as well as have a general tune up done but unfortunately the frame of the bike will not fit in my car unless I remove both the front and rear wheel. I have never removed the rear wheel of a bike frame that had adjustment screws on it before so I was wondering...
I'll add that learning to do your own bike maintenance will save you money, time, and you won't have to take the wheels off to fit your bike in a car every time something needs attention. Mounting pedals is very easy and the money spent on a pedal wrench will be recovered in about two pedal changes. Other things, such as a tune-up, can be more complicated, but this is what this forum is for and you can find answers to just about any question you have about working on your bike and lots of tutorials on the net. Another advantage of knowing how to fix your bike is if you have a problem out on a ride and can fix it yourself.
Likes For Crankycrank: