AlexTaylor
Snail-paced new boy

Bikes: Colnago Extreme Power, Ribble Winter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian Ratliff
It's a pretty fine bike. You'll love it.

One thing that struck me... the Forza is billed as a pursuit and enduro bike, but the geometry is almost identical to the DF3 so I figured I'd get this since it was priced better and the front end geometry was a little more like my other bikes (74.5 degree headtube as opposed to 74 degree for the DF3). Well, I was struck by how stout this bike is; the frame is surprisingly heavy, especially the aero seat post. Not at all like the carbon road bike frames I've seen. I'm a sprinter, so this is a good thing. I don't really care what their marketing copy says... this bike is a fine sprint bike. I can't wait until the track opens up in the spring.
I've heard a few people say that the Forza is plenty stiff enough for the sprints. In fact there are a few sprinters have them and they are on special offer at Dolan so it was rude not to...

I'll be using mine for track and he's drilling the fork for me so I can use it as a fixed TT bike. Can't wait to get it! As soon as I do I'll be trying it out at Manchester velodrome.