Old 09-06-21, 12:28 PM
Rick

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 278 Posts
In the 1970s bicycles being rear ended was a less than 1 percent of car bike collisions. Intersections and foolish people bicycling at night without lights was the majority of car bike collisions. It is very easy to be seen at night by simply having lights! on your bicycle. I have only ever had one close call at night because I always use lights! at night. I don't use flashing lights! at night because they can and will disorientate the motorists attempting to pass you. Daylight dangers have increased many times over due to modern convivences mainly electronic distractions. You really need to be seen from a distance in daylight. Motorists looking at there phone texting and looking at the car screen watching YouTube videos do look at the road occasionally. My daylight visibility taillight is bright enough that I can see the vehicles moving over some distance away in my mirror. I was in Palm Springs a couple of months ago and saw several people on bicycles. Most of them had some sort of flashing taillight. The problem was I saw most of the bicyclists well ahead of when their flashing taillight became visible.