View Single Post
Old 10-27-15, 11:56 AM
Harhir

Bikes: Fahrradmanufaktur Trekking Bike, 2 x Lightning Phantom, bikeE AT, Radwagon3

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 73 Posts
I used trailers when I still lived in Germany. Here is the US I use my Ortliebs Backrollers. Bought them in 93 and they are still holding up. The nice thing is that you can swap them between bikes which have a rack. But I also have a 80s Gazelle which I equipped with the Wald baskets. But I was not aware how small they are compared to the Ortlieb. Plus the Ortlieb provide protection against the rain.
I have been thinking about a trailer but I don't know yet what model. I like the Burley Travoy but with bags this trailer is really pricey. Much more than I want to spend.
My mom in Germany has one of these.
Amazon.com : Veelar Bicycle Cargo Trailer & Hand Wagon Shopping/Utility Trailer 70 Liter Capacity-20315 : Cargo Carrier Bike Trailers : Sports & Outdoors
The fun part is, that you can unhook it and use it as a shopping cart. I even still have the ball hitch on my bike from the time when i still lived there.
But any other trailer with removable baskets might do as well. But I am not sure yet really need one.