View Single Post
Old 09-24-20, 01:37 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,928 Times in 2,553 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Third Eye Pro helmet mirror has worked for me for decades. It’s very stable and easy to use. I have an EVT Safe Zone mirror as well. It has a bit bigger mirror than the Third Eye but the price is pretty steep. I wouldn’t say it that much better value than the Third Eye. I’d feel a whole lot worse if the EVT got broken than it the Third Eye did.
+1 Both are very good mirrors and work very well. I use the 3rd Eye. Only gripe is that the clamp to the helmet visor is just OK, but I started making custom brackets for them years ago and now the mount is first class. (And much stronger than the mirror, so when the mirror snags something, it's just new mirror time. Brackets last until I go to a different style helmet and have to make another. I use the 3rd Eye with the screw clamp. Haven't tried any of their others.)

I've bought 2 EVTs, both at the week long Cycle Oregon when I've broken my 3rd Eye. (Last year, we had 4 straight days of rain. Much more than usual came inside the tent. There were a couple of accidents!). Field of view and usability are almost identical between the 3rd Eye and the EVT.

Edit: I;ve had enough bike crashes that I cannot turn my neck fully. I have to twist my upper body to take a look behind. Good mirrors are a huge asset.

Ben
Likes For 79pmooney: