Old 03-03-23, 04:12 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3901 Post(s)
Liked 4,847 Times in 2,235 Posts
Originally Posted by Mtl01
Would you consider an pedal assist e-bike? I was at my LBS and they had an e-road bike that hardly looked any different from a regular road bike.

You could use that in a group ride and easily keep up. Then use your current road bike for when you ride alone and aren't slowing a group down.

I'm 68 and can certainly see the value in having one for some rides (like very windy days, lol). I will consider it for my next bike.

I found a 2 year old model (as a new purchase) for just under $3,700 with full Ultegra Di2. My terrain makes every ride a less than easy ride.
Rear hub, Class 1 motor. It gets me up steep hills I struggle with, it gets me up extended moderate grades I struggle with, it extends my range, it allows faster recovery from tough rides so I can ride more often. It is not my only bike. 72 yo.
Pictured bikes 60years apart - what's so different?!?

I don't ride with groups. Best check group ride rules and level of arrogance & intolerance.

…and yeah, 10 pounds of equipment, not including your water bottles, should dictate a weight reduction program, thru lighter or multi-use tools. Trust your equipment, thru good maintenance and pre-ride checks.

Last edited by Wildwood; 03-03-23 at 04:28 PM.
Likes For Wildwood: