Old 11-09-21, 05:44 PM
RiceAWay

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 81 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
I’ve sent the question to Polar via their website and will report on their reply, but in the meantime, I’m curious if anyone has experience using those insulated liner type plastic water bottles— designed to keep water cold— for keeping warm beverage when it’s cold outside?

Maybe I’m getting old, but the temps around here dove dramatically last week, and after coming home from a 35°F ride a few days ago for which I was poorly dressed, it occurred to me that having some warm tea out on the road would probably be nice through the winter.

To be clear, I’m not talking about dumping boiling water in the bottle, but would frankly warm water work and be held warm for awhile?

I’ve never used an insulated bottle before, and certainly have had water freeze up on me in the cold, so clearly there’s room for improvement on the standard bottles I’ve been using, on both ends of the temp scale.

Has anyone been using an insulated in this way? Any insights? Do you pre-warm the insulation with warm tap water before putting in warm beverage? How long does it stay warm, or does it get cold and only delay freezing? The one's I had I picked up in Phoenix and were for cold liquids like Ice Water.

Thanks!
That's what they're for and mine worked pretty well but got nasty pretty rapidly.