View Single Post
Old 08-17-22, 11:16 AM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22628 Post(s)
Liked 8,951 Times in 4,171 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
On last night's ride, I was rolling down the road towards Woodside, as usual only paying attention to the road. Then I noticed a rider on the other side of the road, trying to get my attention. He yelled, "What time is it?" I looked at my watch and shouted the time back to him.

As I was doing this I realized that the rider - a big guy, with long blond hair and a big bushy beard, not wearing a shirt but wearing gym shorts, was none other than our own "Larry Sellerz". So I shouted, "Hey, LARRY!"

He shouted back, "It's GABE!"

So I turned around and chased him down and introduced myself, then rode with him for s short bit. Then we stopped and he showed me his rear brake, where it had been knocked off center in the crash he described last week. The left caliper arm was tied to the seatstay with brown twine, so it wouldn't rub on the rim. I suggested he loosen the whole thing, center it, and retighten the mounting bold. That didn't seem to have occurred to him.

He was going the other way, so I said "Nice to meet you" and turned back around.
Worlds are colliding!
Likes For datlas: