View Single Post
Old 10-12-20, 11:36 AM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked 1,024 Times in 666 Posts
Here is my former Raleigh DL1.

I have since sold it. I picked it up at a garage sale. I wasn't looking for a Roadster, however, I thought that at least I would get to experience what this old relic was like. It came with an aftermarket mattress saddle. I added the B72 saddle, the rack, the kickstand and the light after I bought it. I became kind of enamored with it. I like it's laid back smooth ride. I did not like the slowing power of the brakes or the fact that it was just a bit big for me. I ended up selling but not without some lessons learned.

This bike made me think "wouldn't be great to have a bike with the DL1 frame geometry and more modern brakes?". I have seen some people online that did exactly that and it makes sense if I ever come across a DL1 frame that has been hacked. My Schwinn Continental has laid back geometry and Bowden cable brakes. It has some similarities to the DL1. In fact, it makes me wonder how Schwinn developed their frame geometries. They surely were looking at other successful bikes.

Last edited by Velo Mule; 10-12-20 at 11:41 AM.
Likes For Velo Mule: