I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,537 Times in 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by anon06
Hi, everyone. I was wondering how all of you manage to deal with being harassed by motorists (i.e. honked at or shouted at to "use the sidewalk"), for not doing anything illegal, but simply by cycling, legally, on the road (sometimes, cycling in the middle of the lane, for safety reasons, due to potholes and unsafe crack on the far side of the road).

I've contacted the council in my small town, today--where I've been harassed in the same area, by several drivers/passengers the past few months--and the state's cycling advocacy group, which helps educate cycling safety to cyclists and drivers. So far, I haven't received any responses from them, so I'm wondering what all of you cyclists do.
Originally Posted by anon06
Thanks, everyone, for your replies! I really appreciate it, as I still haven't heard from anyone from my local town council, nor from the state cycling group.
What do you expect the city council or state's cycling advocacy group to do about auditory "harassment" that consists of occasional car honks and shouts to get on the sidewalk?