View Single Post
Old 07-19-21, 08:27 AM
jethro00

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 32 Posts
I will test tonight or tomorrow and report back about when it does and does not grind.
For now, I can provide additional information about how this got started and I have a question. We got the Grand Junction in the summer of 2016.
Until late last year, we rode the Grand Junction every day for about 45 minutes (75 minutes on Sundays). We started to get chain slip (but not grinding) when going up a hill or pushing hard on the pedals. At that time, I did not know to check for chain stretch. I got a chain gauge and learned that the chains were stretched. I got a set of chains from daVinci. After installing the new chains, we got chain slip and grinding and could not ride it. That's when I embarked on my odyssey of sourcing a cassette and chainrings and replacing them. Yesterday, I got no slip, but constant grinding upon pedaling.

My question is about having the bearing above center when adjusting the EBBs to ensure the set screws are pushing into the thick part of the EBB, not the thin part near the bearings, which would result in premature bearing wear. I use an Allen wrench to loosen and tighten the eccentrics. Should that set screw be rotated so it and the series of holes around it be above a horizontal diameter of the EBB?

Thanks.
Likes For jethro00: