View Single Post
Old 03-11-22, 08:39 AM
Comfort is King

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa

I do that a lot. It saves me time, and I hate waiting at any intersection. I'll even run a stop sign to do all this. But we have the "Idaho stop" here so it's a little easier. Sorta tricky with a traffic light.

The victim apparently got up from where he was hit. While sitting on a curb, he called his wife. He had broken ribs and died from internal injuries a couple days later. Hindsight is always 20/20, but he should not have been moved. RIP. Sounds like a great guy.
I'm much the same way. I'm extremely weary of waiting like a car to turn left. It's such a vulnerable spot to be. I've seen a few cars get rear-ended while they wait, which tend to be minor fender benders. Stopped on a bike however...

I'll either go straight through, do a hard U-turn, then a hard right, if it's clear. I'll also take a right at the intersection, rather than a left, but then quickly do a U-turn and go straight through the light. Top choice is to just run the light. Momentum confers safety. If you're idol at an intersection, it's too hard to avoid someone coming at you.
Likes For Comfort is King: