View Single Post
Old 01-30-23, 06:51 PM
autonomy

Bikes: 2012 Canondale Synapse 105, 2017 REI Co-Op ADV 3.1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 133 Posts
From a couple weeks ago, I went out to Gate 40 again on a Sunday afternoon. Rolled down to Dana Center, then took a right on Skinner Road to Grave's Landing. Not a lot of mileage today - 9 with walking, but the solitude made up for it.

Dana Center

Raccoon?

3.5mi to here, which is a bit far for a walk, and if I read the recent snowfall correctly, not a single foot stepped here since Wed. Perfect for a bike and a person seeking solitude.

Make some tea just because that's how I roll

50mm GravelKings are off for the season, back into commuter mode with 40mm Xplors and fenders. The WTB saddle is back on as well - the Brooks Cambium, sadly, did not work for me despite the cut out, so now I need to sell it and look for something else.

Originally Posted by ralphs
Used to work in Gardner in the 80s, -I visited the Quabbin lots of times, but haven't been there in probably 15 years. I did visit the F-94 jet crash site. IIRC, it's a left at the fork out of Dana Center, further than that I don't remember the details. There are sites that have the coordinates. I found it the old-fashioned way using a map that someone put a dot on.
I can't post URLs or photos yet, but google "F-94 Quabbin"- there are several articles about the crash.
Dang, I completely forgot about this crash. Another reason to go back!

Last edited by autonomy; 01-30-23 at 06:56 PM.
Likes For autonomy: