Old 02-26-23, 03:45 AM
hsea17

Bikes: Giant SCR / Felt FR5 / Trek Emonda ALR 6 / Trek Domane AL2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I can't really help with that. I've relied on the saddle to pedal at the bottom and never considered where it ends up at the top. I've also never changed crank length and I'm almost 69.

I do move around on the saddle when riding which changes the relative position a bit, I'm sure. Like when on a flat section, I will slide back and try to get aero (which isn't very aero). Or I move around when climbing.

Good luck with the knee issue! I've been very fortunate with my knees and I attribute at least part of that to spinning instead of mashing years ago.
I've just ordered crank arms on 170mm from my bicycle dealer. Going from 172.5mm and when get them dealer told me to set up the saddle with 2.5mm . I want to try due to arthritis in one knee, second knee have started show similar symptoms I was diagnosed with arthritis some 12-13 years ago but "knock on wood" as you I have been fortunate to keep going even with some slow run /jogging using Kinesio taping now on both knee. However will be interesting to see if shorter cranks will make any difference when cycling.
hsea17

Last edited by hsea17; 02-27-23 at 04:24 AM.
Likes For hsea17: