Old 03-20-21, 03:22 AM
waddo

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 41 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
I have no idea where you live but in my experience, “parties” don’t occur at campgrounds of any kind. I’ve camped at private campgrounds, state campgrounds, and Forest Service campgrounds throughout the US over the last 40 years. I’ve not encountered rude behavior at anyone of them. The vast majority of them have campground hosts and/or rules against late night parties. Even at the Forest Service campgrounds, there are campground hosts that enforce rules against parties...even in small campgrounds. Middle Quartz campground is high above Gunnison here in Colorado with 7 spots. It had a campground host.

In fact, dispersed camping is where people have parties and act in a destructive manner. I’ve seen a lot more trashed campgrounds in dispersed camping areas than I have at organized campgrounds. You might be a saint when it come to “leave no trace” camping but most people aren’t.
Perhaps "most people aren't," but this is a bike touring specific question and I think here most people are. And I have wild camped ll over the world for more than 40 years and recommend it to everyone who understands leave no trace camping.