View Single Post
Old 07-08-21, 12:37 AM
vencel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you very much for all the opinions. I was not clear enough, my apologies. I would love to have a Yamaha or Bosch mid-drive system ebike with belt drive and Rohloff IGH, but that would simply cost too much and it would be the right choice to someone who bikes every day.

I am rather looking at used bikes and recently there's one swiss made bike (Flyer) with Bosch Performance Line drive and Rohloff IGH and another manual bike made by Nicolai in Germany, also with Rohloff plus it has belt drive. The Flyer costs double the amount of the manual Nicolai and my budget is rather limited (around 1.500 euros). My dilemma is if I should wait and collect more money and to buy a Pedelec with Rohloff and belt drive OR as I will anyway not use the bike every day and I will only carry my son on flat area then I should be OK with the manual Nicolai bike.

I don't mind pedalling, but that's true that Buda side is hilly so I definitely need some good gear ratios to get up to where we live. The elevation is not huge though.

I was thinking that if I have a electrically assisted (mid drive) bicycle I would perhaps not need 14 speeds, but less would be enough.

I really would like to buy something that provides trouble-free operation for years and I don't want to spend too much time on adjusting this and that continously. That's why I am thinking of belt drive and IGH.

I guess if I would finally decide on ebike I would have to get either the Nuvinvi or Rohloff IGH as the Shimano doesn't seem to be able to handle the torque of the mid drive motors.