Old 07-10-21, 05:53 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
I would just go to Walmart and get the biggest they have for $20. Seriously, if you really need one that big to ride you are way too heavy, which you already know. I know too because I was 360lbs when I started riding. I now weigh 180lbs. You don't want to try to make everything fit your over large body as much as try to get your over large body to fit a normal seat. I changed seats about every 3-4 months as my rear changed size. In such a case cheap seats make more sense.

Formerly fat guy here as well ( I only lost 140 pounds, I bow to you). I did ride wider seats when I was big, but nothing remotely close to that shape. That's basically a bench in the rear and, as I said above, I don't think it's designed for a bike that needs to be pedaled. Fat butt or not, that's got to impair your thigh motion.

We should compare notes some time, we're now biking at about the same weight. I don't get to meet a lot of other people who can compare riding at 300+ to 180.
Likes For livedarklions: