Bikes: I can count 'em on one hand

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked 602 Times in 274 Posts
Originally Posted by juvela
-----

stock wheels were tubs

specification cross table states "sprint rims" - this is Brit terminology for tubs

---

frame geometry and clearances on these are forgiving

know you can easily run 35c tyres and may be able to do 38c

remember that as you go up in tyre cross section you are slightly raising the standover height; might be a consideration in your case

you may wish to read up on the concept of "french fit" if you are unfamiliar with it

---

should the combination of a 144mm BCD and a 28T limit on the NR stern mech not be adequate to your gearing requirements do not hesitate to convert to a three plateau drive train

you can mount a Rally on the stern

if you make such changes it would be best to retain the original fittings so that you, or a future owner, could put the machine back into stock configuration if wished

-----
Originally Posted by bikemig
4 mm adjustment down to 700c. Should be easy with those center pull brakes. Take a look at them. They likely have that much adjustment. But why would you want to give up on those campy hi flange hubs? I'd stick to 27 inch unless you plan on rebuilding the wheels.
I'm questioning whether the 27" wheel spec is accurate. Did they even make tubulars in 27"?

Last time I looked for 27" tires (for my wife's Trek 620), the widest I could find were Panaracer Paselas, I believe in 32mm.

juvela 28T has been good enough for me for several decades, no need to move up yet! And yes, I would definitely keep the original fittings for such a fine bike.
bikemig I definitely would not give up those Campy high flange hubs!