View Single Post
Old 07-20-21, 12:18 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by pgjackson
That's just how bodybuilders with extremely low body fat get through another meal of chicken breasts and egg whites. It's like a mental game where you convince yourself that it really doesn't matter what it is or what it tastes like because it's just fuel. That's how some people avoid cravings and binge eating. It's like a business. You want to compete you have to adjust your mentality. You want the chocolate sauce or extra fries, it's going to hurt your business. It's just another way of thinking about food and it's purpose.

As they say, there's a fine line between bodybuilding (or professional cycling) and an eating disorder. I'm just a 60 year old guy trying to feel fit and not look every minute of my age. I would be sick of body building in a matter of a few weeks. It also has virtually no CV benefits, which I definitely want out of any fitness thing I do. Please note--I'm just saying it's not for me, I appreciate that's hard work and people obviously get benefits from it, so no need to defend it. My assumption is that people always know more about what works for them than I do. .