View Single Post
Old 07-27-21, 03:36 PM
cstar 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Dfrost
FWIW, since I’m certainly not a weight weenie, I weighed these three 110/74 cranks, all weighed as just the arms (length as noted), no rings or BB

Sugino AT, 170 arms: 480gm. BTW, I suspect 175’s would weigh the same, the pedal hole would just be 5mm farther out
Ritchey Logic (early 90’s version, made by Sugino) with “hidden fifth arm”, 175 arms: 475gm
Specialized “flag”, 170 arms: 465gm

If one is counting grams, the AT takes the longest BB at 127.5. Lots of steel there.

Might not be considered sufficiently “vintage” - wife’s custom ‘96 Erickson had a very light and pretty set with “”ball-shaped” ends at both the pedal and spindle, but the brand name escapes me. DS crank was swaged to the spider, which was a weak point, but never a problem for her. Also, the pedal threads were blind, so some pedals couldn’t be used. Photo below:

Thanks for all this info!

I have a Sugino AT crank arm set I could use​​​​​, nice to know there isn't THAT much of a difference weight wise between those, the Ritchey logic ones, and the Flag crank. I had a very, very nice Flag Crank with BB that I just sold on eBay and I was starting to feel some sellers remorse but this helped a lot haha. Wish I could keep it all, that crank definitely would have stayed in the stash