Old 09-28-19, 12:18 PM
Super D

Bikes: Canyon Road, Argon18 TT, DF Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
...Starts saving and when you are ready, you already know the dimensions you want. You aren't gonna grow any taller
Been thinking overnight about this. Assuming my time for “the” frame is a ways off, a good bridge solution may be to get the fit figured out by replicating position of other similarly built higher level racers, as you recommended, sell a set of wheels and get a larger-size low-cost aluminum frame under $600...just so I can at least get more stretched out since I’m so crunched up currently. I can get close as possible to the fit needed with stems, bars and saddle positions and get by for a while. Had I chosen a 61 cm Felt TK3 to begin with instead of a 58, that’s where I’d be now. So I can re-start with that change up to a larger frame, and then continue saving for a long-term keeper which is more specific to me. Sound reasonable?

If so, comparing the Felt TK 2/3 frame to the Bianchi Super Pista, and other aluminum options which have sizes of 60cm and above, what are your thoughts on best options and why?