burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
burnthesheep, when you rode the Felt DA series bike, did you know the spacing in the rear dropout? I'm considering a new disc wheel, but I'm worried about the narrow spacing in the rear. I borrowed a friend's HED disc with 25 mm extenral, and the carbon fairing *almost* rubbed the chainstays when it was pushed far forward in the dropout, so I pulled it back a bit. I'm considering a Zipp Super 9, but I'm not sure if the outer width is any more or less than the HED, I think it kinda depends on where you look online.
When I ran that frameset, in training I was running the Flo 90 in the rear with 25mm tires on them. It cleared. The front older aero Tririg brake cleared easy on the Flo 60 front with 25mm tire. The rear brake I opened up as the cable routing made that brake a hair mushy.

My race setup I ran the 9+ on the front from HED that I still own. Rear I ran the older 11 speed HED disc in the C2 23mm width. That cleared easy.

But, for that specific 2008 model year Felt DA frame........the 25mm brake track cleared fine. It was a great setup, just when the seat-tube crack formed and the seat clamp turned to trash disentigrating.....it was time to move on.

What year DA is it? I would hope the newer ones are even more generous in the rear spacing.

Here's a photo of the old Flo 90 I had on the back:

This was the race wheel setup:
Likes For burnthesheep: