Old 07-17-21, 02:54 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by fredlord
The bike paths that I'm about to give up on are teeming with oblivious nincompoops. They've been winkled out of their homes for "exercise" by Sydney's lockdown regulations that have recently become even more stringent. A large percentage of these people have obviously very little experience with being in the real world and many attempt to bring their safe little cyber world with them into the real world in the form of screens and earphones.

The good news is that previously super-busy roads have unclogged enough to be safe enough to ride. Australian drivers are probably among the worst in the western world. I'm keeping away from the walking dead.

Australia July 2021= USA June 2020. I stayed off of the paths last year because I couldn't ride around all of the dog leashes and avoid pedestrians at the same time, and all of the streets were near empty. One warning, though, the few drivers who were on the road often drove like complete maniacs.
Likes For livedarklions: