Old 10-25-21, 10:04 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
Etiquette question (and yes I know Zwift racing isn't real racing): In a Zwift race tonight, a teammate and I were fighting with one other guy for the bottom 2 spots on the podium with 300 m left. With maybe 50 m left, my teammate (in front of me) sees we've got 2s on the other guy and sits up. I don't notice where the other guy is as I've got tunnel vision at that point and keep accelerating right to the line just barely passing my teammate (0.03s). How bad of a faux pas is it to sprint past a teammate who is sitting up right at the line? He didn't say anything at the time, but I looked back at the feed afterward and felt like an *******. It was his spot and there was no need to sprint past him as top of the podium was 11s up the road and 4th came in 2s after us. Again Zwift (pretend) racing so no prize money.
I don't really race on Zwift but honestly there's so much lag in the system that if you sat up when you noticed your teammate sitting up, you'd be sprinting for another second or two before your avatar sat up. So I wouldn't worry about it. But your teammate would probably appreciate a "hey, I realized I sprinted by you at the finish, and I wouldn't have if I knew you would be sitting up".

He sat up a couple seconds before you saw him sit up. I would bet he blew sky high or he thought he had it in the bag. Either way, I'm sure he's not blaming you for passing him.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson
Likes For carpediemracing: