Old 03-05-21, 07:06 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1067 Post(s)
Liked 780 Times in 502 Posts
Originally Posted by tenniscyclist
I'm new to cycling and trying to get better at finishing stronger while slowly building up my fitness over time. As was wisely pointed out to me in another thread, part of my problem seems to be that my glycogen usage is likely soaring during the final third or so of 50-mile rides. I am looking for specific ideas on what kinds of "healthy" foods (in my medical situation, that might be, e.g., whole grains and fruits) that I can consume before I do a hard 50-mile ride, and, more important, similar healthy, portable foods I can carry and eat very frequently during those rides. Thanks.
NOT knowing about your bold statement situation, I am just another soon to be a 71yo guy with some issues including PCa (Prostate Cancer) who throws the healthy foods requirements out the window when a serious ride is done.

Some good advice has been given.

GOOD LUCK!!!