View Single Post
Old 03-08-21, 12:18 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20791 Post(s)
Liked 9,436 Times in 4,663 Posts
Schwalbe S-One/G-One Speed, 30mm: this was my second road tubeless tire and I liked them a lot. They rolled really nicely despite the micro-knobbies and were magic-carpet-ride comfy. I didn't keep track of tire mileage at the time, but I think that they were roughly in line with what I typically experience - somewhere around 3k miles for a rear tire. I did take two tire-ending slashes on them, but that was hardly their fault (one was from running over the broken neck of a brown beer bottle that wasn't seen until too late). Other than those two big cuts, they didn't seem particularly fragile or puncture-prone (everything else sealed, usually without me noticing). After moving on from them, I realized that they were just perceptibly more sluggish than a good 28mm slick, but if I had a dedicated long-distance bike, these would still be my first choice at this point.

They always mounted without the aid of tools, but they didn't always seat easily - that could have been due to my relative lack of experience at that point, it's hard to say, now.
Likes For WhyFi: