Thread: Hand Fatigue
View Single Post
Old 06-04-22, 11:59 AM
BikingViking793 

Bikes: 2015 Felt Z75 Disc, 2008 Fuji Cross Comp, 2010 Trek Navigator 1.0, 1974 Raleigh Sports, 1974 Schwinn Le Tour, 1981 Schwinn Super Le Tour, Surly Cross Check, 2021 Giant Talon 2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Hand Fatigue

I still haven't been able to figure out how to set up a bike to eliminate hand fatigue. I've read a lot on it, but I haven't found a good source to really explain it to me. Most sources suggest raising the bars or shortening the stem. While this might sometimes work, it really hasn't in my experience. For example my 2008 Fuji Cross Comp caused lots of hand fatigue when I first got it, it had a really short stem. I increased the length of the stem and it got better. I later flipped the stem so it was going downward and hand fatigue didn't change. The bike is much better now, but still not as good as other bikes I have. The only thing I have figured out for certain is that sitting back farther does take weight off your hands. But it's not as simple for me as moving the seat back as I tend to just sit more on the the front of the saddle when I move it back. So I'm curious if there is a get source to explain hand fatigue, or if anyone has some good tips.