cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked 634 Times in 432 Posts
Originally Posted by BikingViking793
For example. The Felt I can ride for hours with no hand fatigue or numbness. The Fuji I start getting numb and moving hands at around 45min to an hour. I've tried to set them up similarly. Since this image I flipped the stem on the Fuji and it made no noticeable difference for my hands. You can use the lines on the garage door to compare the size and set ups of the bikes btw. I really can't tell what the difference would be.

Originally Posted by BikingViking793
Both bikes are comfortable enough for long rides, I just have to move around a lot more with the Fuji. That makes me believe I could make some change that would make the Fuji more comfortable.
WOW! amazing job you did, lining up the bikes and taking the pics from the same perspective.
assuming the same size tires, the bikes seem close in some regards, but different in a key area.
What I can see, is what others have noted, the Fuji has a sizeable difference in saddle height/extension. Saddle also has a noticeable downward tilt angle, comparatively.
Regardless of how high you put the bars, a downward angle on a saddle will cause more weight/force onto the bars...
That is exaggerated by a higher saddle position. I'm assuming the saddles are same or similar.
Saddle setback is hard to determine, visually, but getting a horizontal measure from saddle sitz area to center of BB is the key - (I do it by dropping a plumb line from saddle nose down below the BB area - making sure the chainstay/crank arm is affecting the 'plumb' i measure from BB ctr to line. To that number I ADD distance from saddle nose back to where my sitzbones actually are when sitting on saddle... If you're comparing between the 2 bikes - if the saddles are identical, then the comparison can be made just using the saddle nose to BB measurement. Adjust the Fuji setback to be same as Felt. Check saddle tilt again after doing this.
Put a quality 'Level' on the Felt saddle, check the bubble - put the level on the Fuji, compare and adjust the saddle on the Fuji to be the same (again, same saddle?)
Put 'Level' on the Felt , measure from the center bb/crank to the bottom of the level, straight along the seattube/post. Do the same for the Fuji (assuming the same length cranks and similar pedals) adjust the Fuji to same saddle height.
Otherwise mimicking the Felt bars shape and rotation will also get them closer on the Fuji, as would placement of the brifters.. A 'level' can also help with doing that.
making sure to do all this when each bike is in the same placement point/ground - like when you took the pics. You seem to be a Pro in doing that. LOL!
With all that, THE SADDLE position, tilt are key to how the bike 'feels', especially as ride time extends. Most small 'reach and bar setting changes get adapated to much easier than even slight saddle differences.
Ride On
Yuri