View Single Post
Old 05-23-23, 06:55 PM
jon c. 

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1592 Post(s)
Liked 1,021 Times in 573 Posts
Originally Posted by bbbean
I respectfully disagree. Everyone who rides a bike wants to be able to get to their destination safely. Regardless of whether you're a MTBer shredding trails, or a guy with DUIs who has to commute by bike till you get your license back, you need to be able to safely get from point A to point B. We may disagree on the best way to do that, and there are a host of side issues some of us care about that others don't (A roadie doesn't worry too much about trail building, for instance).
BB
I do agree that we all want to be safe. But if we disagree on the best way to do that we have no natural alliance. And many of us don't really know what the best way is. Especially when "best" always has to be viewed within the parameters of cost constraints. Local proposals draw disagreement among the strongly opinionated in the cycling community and the rest of us are willing to stay out of it.

But although I'm a roadie, I am in favor of trail building. And those are usually less controversial. One of these days I need to get a ride with larger tires and try a few local trails.