View Single Post
Old 05-28-18, 08:11 PM
AERO63

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ttoc6
Raced a crit yesterday. Cool venue in city park. Weird line rules that weren't really enforced. Anyways, I've been sick / fighting allergies so had low expectations. Would have raced very differently if I was healthy but I sat in for the (uphill)sprint.

Had a guy hit me from behind with about 5 laps to go. I leaned in to his bars(to counter his momentum) and he made the mistake of trying to steer out of it. He crashed and took me and many others out. Somehow I argued with the official to let me back in the race with 3 to go. Moved well but was on the wrong side of the road for the finish. Sprinted some of my best I've done this year, but hard to win when you're so far back.

Oh well. Next time.

Video of your crash. I was in a different field so can’t say a lot, and crashes happen as we all know, but not seeing any contact from behind, definitely looks like you moved right unprovoked and initiated unnecessary contact/caused the pileup. Luckily everyone was ok but there were broken wheels, derailleurs, and tob tubes.