Ttoc6
Cat 2

Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
We had our monthly call in meeting last night for the USA Cycling LA I am President of. I sent around emails beforehand to see if there was even a point. Everyone said we should. It felt like a funeral for racing. Quick recap of who had lost their jobs and which races for sure had already cancelled for the year. Doing some quick math on permit lead times with the city, etc. At this point I don't see how we will have any racing.

Nothing official but looks like Tour of America's Dairyland might be taking place in August.

Personally I believe the sport will come out a ton stronger when this passes as people will be motivated to get out there and try it again and see friends again. My Facebook feed is filled with all sorts of people posting about all the cool old race stuff they have found while digging through and cleaning out their places. This is seeming to get them motivated again. I had a friend who found all the old tv coverage of the Coors Classic through the late 80's and uploaded it to Youtube for me to watch. i have actually found weird motivation in that. Those were the guys who motivated me to race in the first place.

With our park district here I would be surprised if Northbrook Velodrome races this season. Washington Park up in Kenosha may be able to wiggle something out as it's Wisconsin and they usually permit under ABR.
“I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing. Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it.”

― Tupac Shakur
Likes For Ttoc6: