View Single Post
Old 03-10-21, 10:28 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 724 Posts
Wife, kids and I rode towards Captree earlier today and heading there was into the wind. Only made about 4 miles since no one listened to me that the wind would make things cold. Wife was too enthralled with the sunlight and didn't wear a thick enough jacket and short finger gloves while the kids didn't even bring gloves.
So I dropped them at home, dropped them off at home and went out to Massapequa to ride up to Bethpage on the cross bike, since it had the knobbies I hit some of the trails in Bethpage which were dry, along with a couple of the side trails on the way back.
Stopped by Brands on the way back to look into a new car rack and saw Glenn in the parking lot. Wife wants a hitch and rack on her minivan but they didn't have anyone who could help pick one out. She'd planned to steal my rack and dispose of my minivan but discovered that our new car gives her motion sickness rather quickly. Up side is I get to keep the minivan so we have two cars she can drive. Downside is that this summer I should replace the shocks, struts, rear bushings and all the front steering equipment as it is getting old and worn out. Nothing rattles and clunks yet but its coming.