View Single Post
Old 04-05-21, 09:32 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 724 Posts
Damn that sucks. Always worry about the trees when mountain biking and usually come out of the crashes unscathed.

I parked at field 5 and rode to Captree, I like that where I park its 14miles each way for a decent length ride. Wind was real hard today mostly out of the north with a slight angle from the west. Just enough to make the ride into Captree a little easier, only took about 40 minutes but the ride back was miserable and took 58 minutes. The turn to the north at the end almost had me walking the last 1/4 miles. Watched a couple of women on TT bikes be blown off the path and even heading out the wind was so north/south it blew me around some. Going back it sent me across the center line a couple times.

Just finished installing a hitch on my miata and on the lookout for an affordable platform rack for when its just me, gotta save gas when heading out solo, not to mention have a more fun drive.