sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
@sdmc530 How close are those fans? Airflow nor temps should be an issue, but RF interference from the AC fan motor might be. Though I'm having trouble imagining the fan being that close. Have you turned them off to see?

Be sure all your devices are connected before you start the timer Though from your description that doesn't seem to be part of the problem.

I certainly wouldn't be shy about doing a device reset. That does seem to clear up problems that should be a problem.

And don't be shy about calling Garmin back either. They have a flat rate repair for out of warranty devices. It really isn't repair though, they just exchange yours for a refurb'd unit for a sometimes very minimal price compared to the MSRP of the device new. If they aren't able to resolve your issue and don't mention the flat rate repair, then ask about it.
Yep, tomorrow I am going to ride again, didn't today because I spent over 2 hours shoveling snow so I am a bit beat at the moment. But I am going to turn on the Garmin and just ride no fans, no radio, nothing. Then see. I use 2 fans when riding a very powerful one right below the front wheel on me and one box type fan from the side. Then I will see if anything gets better. If that doesn't work or fix it I will do a factory reset. Then failing that fixing it I am going to get with Garmin and do just what you suggest, see how they are fixing it or how that process works. I really like the 1030, its been just rock solid until right now.

I will fill you in tomorrow.